Lotus Birth Stainless Steel Strainer and Bowl the fit together. For Delivery and Washing placenta.
- Stainless Steel Bowl
- Stainless Steel Strainer
- When the baby is born, leave the umbilical cord intact.
- Wait for the natural delivery of the placenta.
- When the placenta delivers, place it into stainless steel bowl beside the mother.
- Wait for full transfusion of the umbilical blood into the baby before washing the placenta.
- Gently wash the placenta with warm water and pat dry.
- Place the placenta into strainer and bowl for 24hrs to allow drainage.
- Wrap the placenta in absorbent pads
- the covering is changed daily or more often if seepage occurs.
- Apply the placenta with a bed of sea salt (which is changed daily) and liberally covered with salt.
- Herbs and essential oils may be used to help in providing a pleasant scent.
- The baby is held and fed as the mother wishes.
- The baby is clothed loosely.
- The baby can be wiped down as usual (avoiding the navel and cord)
- Keep movement to a minimum.