Our Soft, placenta-friendly under-pads provide strength while minimizing irritation. The polypropylene/polyethylene backing delivers maximum protection against leakage and fluid strike-through. Change absorbent pads at least twice per day or if seepage occurs, until cord separates.
- 10 pack lotus birth absorbent pads
- When the baby is born, leave the umbilical cord intact.
- Wait for the natural delivery of the placenta.
- When the placenta delivers, place it into stainless steel bowl beside the mother.
- Wait for full transfusion of the umbilical blood into the baby before washing the placenta.
- Gently wash the placenta with warm water and pat dry.
- Place the placenta into strainer and bowl for a few hours or up to 24hrs to allow drainage.
- After Washing Placenta, Pat Dry and Wrap the placenta in the absorbent pads
- the covering is changed daily or more often if seepage occurs.
- Apply the placenta with a bed of pink Himalayan sea salt (which is changed daily) and liberally covered with salt evert 8-12 hours.
- Herbs and essential oils may be used to help in providing a pleasant scent.
- The baby is held and fed as the mother wishes.
- Put placenta in silk and and cloth baby loosely.
- Carry placenta bag with baby.
- The baby can be wiped down as usual (avoiding the navel and cord)
- Keep movement to a minimum.